It's no secret that search engines are the main way most of us find websites, products, and information on the internet. If you're not moving up in the rankings, it could be because you're missing out on potential clients who are looking for what you have to offer. Here are five strategies to help get found online, so keep reading!
Determine Your Keywords
Keywords can be single words, but they’re usually multi-word phrases that include essential concepts and specific aspects of your business.
When it comes to determining which keywords you should use in your SEO strategy (and how many), think about what people search for when looking for a service like yours and consider how much time people spend on each query—not just what terms get used most often overall.
Your Website Is Your Foundation
A building without a strong foundation is going to crack and eventually collapse. The same goes for your SEO strategy.
Here's how you can make sure your site is fantastic:
● Make sure it’s visually appealing. Your web page design isn't just about looking pretty—it also needs to be user-friendly and easy on the eyes. Make sure there are no unnecessary graphics or images that drown out the core message.
● Add innovative content consistently—not just once yearly when SEO season comes around again! Not only does this keep readers coming back again and again, but it will help Google see how useful and relevant your website really is.
● Add a call to action. A good CTA is how you make sure the user accomplishes what they came on your webpage to do, showing the customer a clear path down the sales funnel.
● Employ quick load times. Time is money, and no one knows this better than your potential customers. Even a one-second delay in loading time can reduce customer satisfaction.
● Offer easy navigation. 94% of customers say easy navigation is the most useful feature in a website. Need we say more?
Don’t Forget the Backend
You can ensure that your website is appropriately set up in the backend by adding a meta title and meta description. These two factors are important because Google uses them to tell users which pages are most relevant for their search query.
It’s also essential to make sure you have an alt tag for every image on your site, as it describes what is shown in an image—so if someone’s looking up specific words or terms, they’ll be directed to you.
Finally, you need a URL. In essence, it should describe what the user will find on the page.
Setting Up Your Google Business Profile
● Add Links - Add links directly from the app or website where your customers can find more info about what you do, who you serve, and why they should choose you over other options available in their area.
● Post Regularly - Posting new content regularly keeps these posts at the top of search results for more extended periods of time.
● Optimize - Optimizing keywords within each piece of content allows potential customers to easily find information.
Update Your Listings
Listings are important because they are a direct line to your customers. They can be found on several different platforms, meaning potential customers will know where you are and what you have to offer.
Properly using these listing sites is one of the best ways for businesses to increase their visibility online. These days, consumers rely heavily on third-party review sites such as Yelp, Bing, and Yellow Pages when looking for information about local businesses like yours.
As you can see, there’s a lot to learn and consider when it comes to search engine optimization. But don’t let that intimidate you—let Small Town Girl Promotions help you begin your SEO journey! Get in touch today.